Heidi Jo Sovacool, OTR, CLT
My name is Heidi Jo Sovacool and I am a Wisconsin State Licensed Occupational Therapist. I attended St. Catherine University (formerly known as The College of St. Catherine) in St. Paul, MN and graduated in 1996 with a BA in Occupational Therapy.
I have worked in many areas of occupational therapy, including hospital inpatient and outpatient services, nursing home, assisted living, home care, private out-patient clinic and non-profit out-patient clinic. I have provided many complementary consultations and training sessions to local emergency medical providers and schools.
I am now serving clients in my own private clinic. My quest is to help those in need by providing care, treatment, education, home programs, adaptations and resources to the client/caregiver to enable the client to have improved function across all areas of their life.
If I can be of service to you or a loved one, please feel free to call or email to set up a complementary consultation. If during our meeting I discover that I am unable to help you, I’ll provide resources of where you can go to seek help for your situation.
Certifications & Education
- Certified Lymphedema Therapist (CLT), as granted through Klose Training-Lymphedema Certification, November 2019.
- Acquired a certificate as an AOTA Fieldwork Educator, (2011). Mentored student occupational therapy students (both OTA and OT) since 1997.
- Wisconsin Accredited Judge for county and state level fair/contest entries in the areas of: Foods and Nutrition, Clothing and Textiles, and Health and Wellness, since 2004.
- Currently Registered by NBCOT OTR ® since original Registration in 1997.
- Occupational Therapy degree, (BA OT) St. Catherine University, St. Paul MN in 1996.
- Licensed to practice Occupational Therapy in Wisconsin, License number: 3437-026.
- CPR (BLS) Certified and current, since 2000.
Professional Memberships & Associations
- Member, Christian Physical Rehab Professionals a ministry of Christian Medical & Dental Associations since 2022.
- Current Member, The American Occupational Therapy Association.
- Current Member, and former North West District Chairperson /State Board Member (2001-2006) for the Wisconsin Occupational Therapy Association.
- Current Advisory Board Member for the Occupational Therapy Assistant Program of the Northwood Technical College system. (2001-2006), (2013-present).
- Former Member and Co-chairman for the Upper Peninsula Chapter of the Michigan Occupational Therapy Association (1997-2000, 1999-2000).